2011 Convention AAR
Let's compile feedback on the convention here. We can start with the planning phase now and update this discussion while we're there and afterward. I'll start us off:
- The decision for what city we would hold convention in was delayed until about Jan or Feb this year.
- Very little member input on the decision to go to Portland (mostly made by ED and Board).
- We did not have a group walk thru of the space before making our decision.
- Working with VFP's convention committee has made things more complicated rather than making it easier.
- Save the date could have gone out a lot sooner.
- Time allowed for travel stipend applications, workshop proposals, board nominations, registration, etc not long enough.
- Postcard went out too late to have time to re-mail to bad addresses.
- More phone outreach and social media needed.
- Car pools not organized or publicized.
- We never sent a save the date to allies.
- Invited guest speakers way too late.
- Ask for date of birth and flight itinerary on travel stipend form.
- Test DIA from multiple browsers and provide clear instructions for registration.
- Create a form for board nominations so we get email, cell, and why you are nominating xyz.
- Elections process delays.
- Airfare booked too late.
- Inconsistent branding.
- Didn't plan for leadership training until the last minute.
- Local chapter and ally participation in the planning.
- Organizers from last year on this committee.
- Recycled travel stipend and workshop proposal forms.
- Novelty beer cups and donated kegs!
- College campus site within close proxity of city with public transportation.
- Joe Dunn (aka Man of Steel)
- Sarah Edkins (aka Spreadsheet Ninja)
- Sweet website update in time for voting.
- Trained childcare provider.